Skip to main content

Muslimah

You look at me and call me oppressed,
Simply because of the way I’m dressed
You know me not for what’s inside,
You judge the clothing I wear with pride

My body’s not for your eyes to hold,
You must speak to my mind, not my feminine mold
I’m an individual, I’m no man’s slave,
It’s ALLAH’s pleasure that I only crave

I have a voice so I will be heard
For my heart I carry His word,
“O Muslimah wrap close your cloak,
So you wont be bothered by ignorant folk”

Man does not tell me to dress this way,
It’s a Law from ALLAH that I obey
Oppressed is something I’m truly not,
For liberation is what I’ve got

It was given to me many centuries ago,
With the right to prosper, the right to grow
I can climb mountains or cross the seas,
Expand my mind in all degrees
For ALLAH Himself gave us LIBERTY,
When He sent Islam,
To YOU and ME

Comments